Mr. Osborne’s Class
Mr. Osborne teaches Third and Fourth Classes. There are 24 children in his class. There are 14 children in Third class and 10 children in Fourth Class. We are all seatbelt Sherrifs in Mr. Osborne’s Class.
Third Class 2018-2019
- Credit Union Quiz 2019
Pupils from Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Class attended the Credit Union Quiz in Kilsaran on Monday 4th February.
We had six teams in toatl taking part in the competition, three in the Junior section and three in the Senior section.
Our teams performed extremely well and we are very proud of each and everyone of our pupils. In the Senior section we came First and Second! In the Junior section one of our teams emerged as winners also.
The winning teams in each section now proceed to the County Finals. Thank you to Mr Shevlin for preparing the teams so well.
- Van Gogh Art
We studied Vincent Van Gogh, his life and his artwork over the past two weeks. Today we created our own version of one of his most famous paintings ‘Starry Night’.
- Shape Hunt
Today 3rd and 4th Class took part in a shape hunt. 3rd class focused on finding shapes they learned about this week, including a pentagon, hexagon and octagon. 4th class focused on the different types of triangles. After we took our pictures we described them using our ‘Explain Everything’ app and we all listened to each teams work.
Archive of Mrs. Quinn’s Blog:
Click on any of the dates below to see the events for that month
- Out and about!, posted on 30 September, 2014
- Grandparents Day, posted on 30 January, 2015
- Grandparents' Day, posted on 28 January, 2015
- Making light !, posted on 21 January, 2015
- Willow Pattern Art, posted on 15 January, 2015
- Snow at St. Finian's !, posted on 13 January, 2015
- Making fabric waterproof., posted on 7 January, 2015
- Christmas Jumping Jacks Challenge!, posted on 5 January, 2015
- Knitting with the ladies., posted on 18 February, 2015
- Learning about The Salmon Capital of Ireland., posted on 18 February, 2015
- Design and make :Hovercrafts, posted on 6 February, 2015
- Working for St. Brigid's Day, posted on 2 February, 2015
- Great Credit Union Quiz Success!, posted on 2 February, 2015
- The Easter Draughts Competition Finals., posted on 26 March, 2015
- Thank You Anne and Junior Achievement., posted on 24 March, 2015
- Investigating Air Pressure., posted on 20 March, 2015
- Enjoying Yoga, posted on 10 March, 2015
- Being Entrepreneurs - playing the business game, posted on 10 March, 2015
- National Book day Dress up, posted on 6 March, 2015
- Class WOW certificates, posted on 6 March, 2015
- Working with Junior Achievement, posted on 6 March, 2015
- Regional Credit Union Quiz Final!, posted on 2 March, 2015
- Newgrange Clay Slab Art, posted on 28 April, 2015
- Making Sound Waves, posted on 24 April, 2015
- National Spring Clean 2015 - The Big Beach Clean Up., posted on 23 April, 2015
- Prizewinners 2015, posted on 24 June, 2015
- The Firemen visit ., posted on 18 June, 2015
- Barmeath Wood Walk and picnic., posted on 18 June, 2015
- Basketball training in the sun., posted on 10 June, 2015
- Tayto Park - our school tour 2015, posted on 10 June, 2015
- Active School Flag Success!, posted on 10 June, 2015
- Rocket Launch, posted on 3 December, 2015
- Santa Visits St. Finian's, posted on 22 December, 2016
- Beach Day 2018!!, posted on 4 October, 2018