Ms. Lambe’s Class
Miss Lambe teaches Junior and Senior Infants. There are 20 chidren in her class. There are 12 children in Junior Infants and 8 children in Senior Infants. We have great fun dressing up and learning lots of new things. We have received some great new equipment for our classroom. We are very busy with Aistear for one hour everyday. Mr Mc Eneany comes into to help us with Aistear.
- Reading in the sunshine
- Santa Visits St. Finian’sIMG_0475IMG_0476IMG_0477IMG_0478IMG_0479IMG_0480IMG_0481IMG_0482IMG_0483IMG_0484IMG_0485IMG_0486
- Mental Health Awareness
This week we received some information about a new mental health awareness and educational campaign. It’s called ‘Walk in My Shoes’ and is run by St. Patrick’s Mental Health Services Dublin.
We are a very healthy bunch in St. Finian’s N.S. We eat lots of fruit and veg, drink lots of water and do lots of exercise. We take great care of our bodies.
But it is also very important to look after our minds and our feelings. Some days we feel really good and really happy. Other days we might feel a bit sad or lonely. It is okay to have those feelings. It is important to understand that feeling sad sometimes is a normal part of life.
Sometimes we fall and break a bone. When that happens, we go to the hospital so that the doctors and nurses can help make us better. Our minds can get hurt too and when that happens, we can do things to help make it better, just like fixing any other part of our bodies.
If you are feeling sad or worried about something, sometimes talking to someone about it can help. You could talk to your mum or dad or a teacher. We will always try to help you.
To take part in this campaign, we were asked to take a ‘school selfie’ on Friday 8th April, upload it onto our website and display the link to the Walk in My Shoes campaign. Here are our selfies:
Archive of Ms. Lambe’s Blog:
Click on any of the dates below to see the events for that month
- Welcome to St. Finian's!, posted on 15 September, 2014
- Spring Chicks!!, posted on 15 April, 2015
- Bling Your Bike!, posted on 28 May, 2015
- Active School Flag Success!, posted on 10 June, 2015
- A big St Finian's welcome to our new children!, posted on 31 August, 2015
- Playing Together, posted on 18 September, 2015
- Mental Health Awareness, posted on 8 April, 2016
- Santa Visits St. Finian's, posted on 22 December, 2016