Ms. Corrigan’s Class
Ms Corrigan teaches First and Second Classes. There are 22 children in her classroom, 13 in First Class and 19 in Second Class.
First Class 2018-2019
- Barmeath Walk
Before our midterm break the children from Ms. Lambe’s and Ms. Corrigan’s classes went for a nature walk around the grounds of Barmeath Castle. Mrs. Bellew came with us and challenged us to a ‘Tree Hunt’. We gathered lots of leaves which we brought back to school for our leaf themed art. It was a great day.
- Autumn Art
We were inspired by the beautiful autumn colours to create some of our own autumn leaves. Firstly we coloured our leaves a lovely yellow colour. Then made our own stamps using cardboard and sticky draught excluder tape. Then we put paint on our stamps and printed designs on our leaves. We layered up lots of colours to create perfect autumn leaves.
- Exploring Materials in the Environment
For our Geography lesson this week we worked in groups to explore materials found around the school environment. We concentrated on natural materials and we explored and recorded their properties and characteristics. It was a great way to explore the local natural environment.
Archive of Ms. Corrigan’s Blog:
Click on any of the dates below to see the events for that month
- Off to a great start, posted on 22 September, 2014
- Strings, posted on 8 December, 2014
- Fun February!, posted on 13 February, 2015
- Back to school, posted on 15 September, 2015
- Learning about sound!, posted on 5 February, 2016
- Santa Visits St. Finian's, posted on 22 December, 2016